Quality Care Our Heroes DeserveNow is the time to take your career to the next level and become part of the high-caliber talent that is VA. Experience what 300,000 current VA employees already have state-of-the art practice settings, access to the latest technology, a multi-disciplinary team environment and the opportunity to provide the men and women who have bravely served this country with the finest patient care, benefits and customer satisfaction. And with VA Patient Satisfaction Scores leading the healthcare industry, youll be joining one of the most respected facilities in the Nation.
Since 1952, the Iowa City VA Health Care System has been improving the health of the men and women who have so proudly served our nation. We consider it our privilege to serve the health care needs of our veterans in any way we can. The Iowa City VA Medical Center is: a tertiary care level I facility; an affiliated teaching hospital; as well as a research and regional kidney transplant center. We provide services to more than 184,000 veterans living in 50 counties in Eastern Iowa, Western Illinois, and Northern Missouri. http://www.iowacity.va.gov/Ã?
The Iowa City VA Health Care System is seeking an experienced Neurosurgeon to serve at our medical center in the Neurosurgery Department under the Surgical Specialty Care Service Line. The successful candidate will join a growing department and practice in a stimulating and diverse atmosphere. Duties and roles include, but are not limited to:
- The incumbent is accountable to the Chief of Surgical Services, and for assuring the most effective delivery of care while meeting and exceeding compliance standards and supporting our mission of meeting the needs of the growing Veteran population.
- The incumbent will be responsible for providing inpatient and outpatient neurosurgical care to adult patients; and will coordinate referrals to appropriate community providers and/or facilities.
- The incumbent will ensure the provision of care to all neurosurgical patients directly or by consultation.
- The incumbent participates fully in quality improvement, quality assurance and utilization review activities, and other medical staff activities as assigned within the medical center.
- The incumbent must possess sufficient clinical knowledge and experience to provide competent clinical and institutional standards of care.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8 hour shifts, between the hours of 7AM to 5PM, with occassional weekend and call.
Functional Statement Title/#: Surgical / Specialty Care Service Line - Neurosurgeon - VM 0602
Bring your expertise to VA and be valued as part of a team that is recognized and respected for significant contributions to medicine. Youâ??ll enjoy a patient-focused environment, terrific benefits and incentives, and the ability to practice at any VA facility in the country.
Equal Opportunity Employer